Recreational Campground Information
Prices & Availability
Please Visit our
Prices and Availability of campsites vary.
CFP Camping Pricing Schedule As of June 8th 2023
SVMFT Discount (Senior, Veteran, Military, First Responder, Teacher)
A $2.00 NON-REFUNDABLE SYSTEM ACCESS FEE WILL BE INCLUDED IN ALL RESERVATION TRANSACTIONS.
You must be at least 18 years old or older and have motorized transportation to register for camping.
Chest Frost Park has:
- Recreational Camping Year-Round
- Day-Use Areas With Picnic Tables
- Numerous Boat Docks Used for Fishing
- Shelter / Pavilion Rentals
- Shower / Laundry Facilities
View more Shelter and Pavilion Information.
Ideal Camping Location
Chest Frost Park is situated on the shores of Chickamauga Lake and offers year-round camping. There are a total of 228 recreational campsites.
Campsite-specific amenities include:
- 50 / 30 Amp Breaker Service for All Electrical Sites (50 Amp Breakers and Receptacles Are 240 Volt / 20 and 30 Amp Breakers and Receptacles Are 110 Volt)
- Boat Ramp
- Dump Stations (See Campground Map, Available for Campers Only)
- Fishing Piers
- Laundry Facilities
- Showers / Restrooms
- Swimming Area at the Beach: No Lifeguard on Duty - Swim at Your Own Risk
Ranger Station Clerk Hours 10 AM - 6 PM EST
CHECK-IN TIME is between 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM Daily
- Please DO NOT arrive early.
Maintenance staff needs time to address site issues before you set up.
CHECK-OUT TIME is 12:00 PM – NOON
No late departures or extended check-outs are allowed. You may be charged a late checkout fee of $20.00 per campsite should you fail to vacate your campsite in a timely manner past the Check-Out Time of 12:00 PM NOON.
Upon your departure, drop your Reservation Tag in the mailbox adjacent to the Ranger Station
Cancellation Policy For Camping
Before 7 Days Prior FULL REFUND
Within 7 Days Prior 50% REFUND
Arrival Day or During NO REFUND (*Except Superintendent Approved for Emergency)
- The 7 Day count starts on the date before your arrival date.
Example of notice: If your reservation starts on 10/1 you must cancel by 12:00 PM on 9/24 to receive a Full Refund.
For a Full Refund: Cancellation must be requested 7 Days Prior to the start date of your reservation
For a Partial Refund (50%): Cancellation must be requested within 7 Days of the start date of your reservation
All Cancellations requested on the reservation ARRIVAL DATE or DURING a reservation will not receive a refund. (Only Exception: Superintendent Approved Emergency)
TO CANCEL A CAMPING RESERVATION: