Recreational Campground Information
Chest Frost Park has:
- Recreational Camping Year-Round
- Day-Use Areas With Picnic Tables
- Numerous Boat Docks Used for Fishing
- Shelter / Pavilion Rentals
- Shower / Laundry Facilities
View more facility amenity information.
Ideal Camping Location
Chest Frost Park is situated on the shores of Chickamauga Lake and offers year-round camping. There are a total of 228 recreational campsites, which include:
- Select Campsites: (Waterfront & Inland) Minimum 7 Night stay, Maximum 14 Night stay
- Waterfront Campsites: Minimum 3 Night Stay, Maximum 14 Night Stay
- Inland Campsites: Minimum 2 Night Stay, Maximum 28 Night Stay
- Tent Campsites With Utilities: Minimum 2 Night Stay, Maximum 14 Night Stay
- Primitive Tent Campsites: No Minimum, Maximum 14 Night Stay
Other campsite-specific amenities include:
- 50 / 30 Amp Breaker Service for All Electrical Sites (50 Amp Breakers and Receptacles Are 240 Volt / 20 and 30 Amp Breakers and Receptacles Are 110 Volt)
- Boat Ramp
- Dump Stations (See Campground Map)
- Fishing Piers
- Laundry Facilities
- Showers / Restrooms
- Swimming Area at the Beach: No Lifeguard on Duty - Swim at Your Own Risk
- Volleyball Equipment on Loan (Must Leave Drivers License Until Equipment is Returned)
Prices & Availability
Prices and availability of campsites vary. Please visit our reservation website or call us at 423-209-6894.
Registration hours 8 AM - 8 PM EST
* Citizens qualifying for ANY courtesy discount must occupy the rented site each night and must show proof of qualification at the time of check-in. (Examples: Driver’s License, Military ID, DD-214, a letter from Social Security or disabled placard)
You must be at least 18 years old or older and have motorized transportation to register for camping.
- CHECK IN TIME: Clerks are available for check-ins from 2 PM – 8 PM. Late check-ins with a reservation after 8 PM are available with Ranger assistance. Please call 423-209-6894 for assistance after 8 PM.
- CHECK OUT TIME: 12:00 PM (NOON) No late check-outs are allowed. Reservations are a priority and all sites are subject to removal of abandoned items from campers who have failed to check out.
- QUIET HOURS ARE 10 PM – 6 AM: No loud music, loud talking or bright lights are permitted. All children under 18yrs must be on their site by 10 pm.
- CAMPSITES: Each Campsite requires a registered guest upon Check-In at the Ranger Station. Each reserved site allows up to 8 persons and may contain one approved camping unit. The site may also contain a tent but no more than three total units. Camping is not allowed on spaces between numbered sites. No Tents allowed on the Grass except on Primitive Sites or Overflow Sites. Stabilizers and jacks must have wooden blocks under each unit when parked on asphalt sites.
- REFUNDS: Refunds must be requested no later than three (3) days before your reservation.